- Fairly priced and affordable for a complete home gym.
- Includes strong, durable cables that can withstand 2200-pounds of tension.
- You get comfortable DuraFirm pads. These offer optimal lumbar support and comfort during your workout.
- You can perform over 30 different exercises.
- 12-gauge steel is used to provide increased durability to the frame of the StrengthTech home gym.
- You get a smooth motion and an even range of movement when performing any exercise on the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S home gym.
- Easy to choose weight system with a simple selection key. Quickly select a different weight without any hassle.
- You get a lifetime warranty on all parts and components. This covers every part, including the pads, cables, pulleys, weights, and the frame.
- The gym can be difficult to assemble. Make sure that you lay out all the pieces and read the instructions before you attempt to assemble.
- You need adequate space for the gym. The footprint is 51 x 83-inches without the leg press station. You also need at least 7-foot ceiling clearance.
- The leg press station is sold separately and not a part of the standard package.
- Ease of Use
- Warranty and Support
The Body-Solid StrengthTech home gym provides everything you need to get a full body workout. You can target any muscle group and perform an intense workout with minimal setup or takedown. In fact, there are no cable changes and you can quickly change weights.
First released in 2009, the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S is widely considered one of the best home gyms in its price range. Compared to similarly priced gyms, the StrengthTech offers a larger selection of exercises, increased stability, and a smooth cable and pulley system.
If you are looking for the ultimate solution for working out at home, take a closer look at the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S home gym.
Multiple Exercise Stations
The main feature of the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S is the multiple exercise stations. With a single unit, you can perform a wide variety of exercises. This includes leg extensions, pectoral flies, chest presses, cable crossovers, leg abductions, press downs, ab crunches, triceps extensions, and so much more.
The stations include an upper pulley, mid pulley, lower pulley, press arm, pec station, and a leg developer. Target every muscle in your body with the help of one of the most versatile home gyms on the market.
Resistance is provided with a 210-pound weight stack. Each plate weighs 10-pounds and are made from sturdy cast iron.
Easy to Use Design for Maximum Performance
The Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S gives you a home gym that is easy to use. You do not need to deal with changing cables or stopping your workout to set up equipment. To adjust the weights, you simply move the selection key position. You can easily transition from one station or exercise to the next.
To help maximize your performance, they have also ensured that the gym is comfortable to use. The Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S home gym features adjustable seats with DuraFirm pads. These pads provide increased comfort during your exercises, along with improved lumbar support.
Durable Construction and Equipment
Body-Solid has ensured the safety and comfort of the StrengthTech thanks to durable construction and equipment. This all starts with the 12-gauge high tensile strength steel hardware and frame. You also get fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys and a 2200-pound tension cable. This allows you to focus on your workout and not the stability of the gym.
The pulley and cable system features no jerkiness, even when using a heavier weight. You get a smooth motion with every exercise.
Features and Specifications
Along with those primary features, here are the main specs for the StrengthTech home gym:
- 210-pound alloy steel weight stack (with 10-pound plates)
- 2200-pound test cables
- Fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys
- 12-gauge high tensile strength steel frame
- Scratch-resistant finish
- Park station
- Press arm
- Leg developer
- Lifetime warranty
- Adjustable seat
- Comes with an exercise poster
There are also several different accessories and attachments available for the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S. Sold separately, you can purchase the leg press station.
Other optional accessories include a triceps rope, an adjustable nylon stirrup handles, and multiple weight stack adapter plates. The adapter plates let you use smaller weights, including 2.5 or 5-pound weights.
Why Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S?
The Body-Solid StrengthTech is a complete workout station. After reviewing the main features and advantages, it is easy to see why it was voted the Best Buy Home Gym.
The gym is easy to use, with no cable changes and a selector key for changing weights. Enjoy a smooth range of motion with the sturdy, durable cable and pulley system.
The only disadvantages are related to the size, assembly, and lack of a leg press station. It is fairly standard for a home gym to not include a leg press station. So, if you want to increase the versatility of the StrengthTech, you will need to purchase this separately.
What you do get is a solid unit with a 210-pound weight stack, 2200-pound tension strength cables, and the ability to perform over 30 different exercises. Just make sure that you take the time to read the assembly instructions before you try to put the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S home gym together.